Fire breaks out at senior living apartment complex, causes evacuations

A fire broke out at the Morris Manor assisted living apartments Sunday afternoon. Multiple JSO and JFRD officers were reportedly assisting residents out of the complex.


At this time, 4 residents have been transported to a local hospital.

Action News Jax’s Nick Gibson spoke with many witnesses who stated that the fire may have been caused by a stove that was left on unintentionally.

Action News is working to learn more about the possible cause of the fire.

This is an ongoing investigation and will be updated when more details arrive.

[DOWNLOAD: Free Action News Jax app for alerts as news breaks]

Click here to download the free Action News Jax news and weather apps, click here to download the Action News Jax Now app for your smart TV and click here to stream Action News Jax live.