Fire Displaces 18 In CT / Popular Donut Shop Temporarily Closes

Brian McCready

There was plenty of news across Connecticut on Monday. If you missed any of it on your local Patch, here's a roundup of some of the top stories.

Unattended Candles Cause Harrowing Fire, 18 Displaced In CT

When police and firefighters arrived, they found heavy flames coming from windows on the east side of the building and several people were hanging from windows in an effort to escape the flames.>>>Read More.

Attorney For Arrested Town Official Issues Statement

He was arrested on assault and related charges over the weekend.>>>Read More.

Popular Donut Shop Temporarily Closes

The popular doughnut shop is temporarily closed after an employee tested positive for the coronavirus, the owners announced.>>>Read More.

CT Family Continues Aiding the Needy With Food Pantry

After helping out dozens of struggling artisans hammered by the coronavirus pandemic, the Giroux family has set up a small food pantry.>>>Read More.

Businessman Maintains Family Values of Giving and Volunteerism

Rich Tkacz is one of the area's most dedicated volunteers, following his dad's example to help numerous others in the community.>>>Read More.

Radio Station Switches To Spanish Pop Format

The company switched to all Spanish adult hits and has rebranded itself as "Juan 850AM.">>>Read More.

Other top stories:

The Patch community platform serves more than 100 communities all across Connecticut in Fairfield, New Haven, Middlesex, New London, Hartford, Tolland, and Litchfield counties. Thank you for reading.

Don't miss local and statewide news from all across Connecticut. Sign up for free Patch alerts and daily newsletters.

This article originally appeared on the Across Connecticut Patch