Firefighters respond to fire at Monroe grocery store

Firefighters with Snohomish Regional Fire & Rescue responded to a fire at a grocery store in Monroe Tuesday morning.

At 8:28 a.m., crews responded to the report of fire and smoke at Park Place Corner Grocery in the 17800 block of West Main Street in Monroe.

Firefighters quickly arrived and contained the fire within minutes.

According to Snohomish Regional Fire & Rescue, the fire appears to have started after a child pushed plastic silverware into a wall heater, where it caught fire.

Firefighters remind people to keep combustible material at least 3 feet away from a source of heat and to consider upgrading heaters that do not have overheating protection.