This is a preview of THE FIXED 5G DISRUPTION REPORT from Business Insider Intelligence. 14-Day Risk Free Trial: Get full access to this and all IoT industry research reports. 5G networks are poised to create a range of new revenue opportunities for telecoms thanks to faster network speeds. Network operators want to get these networks up and running and use them to offer consumers and businesses better versions of the high-speed data service they currently provide, but also to enable new practices.
One new product wireless operators will introduce to take advantage of 5G networks in the consumer segment is 5G fixed wireless access (FWA) services. This type of product offering will allow wireless telecoms to enter the home internet market and challenge wired broadband operators for the $80 billion revenue opportunity in consumer home internet access.
To get this product into consumers' homes, though, they have to overcome the inertia of the status quo. Many consumers won't want to change the provider of a service that already works well enough for them or deal with the hassle associated with such a switch. But thanks to primary research from Business Insider Intelligence, we offer a look at how early adopters could be swayed to give such a service a try.
In this report, Business Insider Intelligence looks at how wireless network operators will use their 5G networks and FWA to tap a new revenue source and disrupt the home internet market. First, we explain the basics of 5G FWA. Next, we look at the broader home internet market and the areas that could drive demand for 5G FWA service. We then outline how telecoms can set up 5G FWA networks and offer strategies they could pursue to encourage consumer adoption of these networks. Finally, we discuss how FWA broadly will impart lasting transformations on the home internet market.
Companies mentioned in this report include: Altice, Apple, AT&T, CenturyLink, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Frontier, Google, Hulu, Netflix, Samsung, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Qualcomm
Here are some key takeaways from the report:
- FWA services won't be hard for network operators to roll out from a technical perspective; once 5G networks are up and running, it will just be a matter of offering compatible modems for the home.
- Reliable and fast service are the most important factors for consumers in choosing their home broadband provider.
- Primary research from Business Insider Intelligence shows that there are a few key tactics wireless telecoms can employ that could resonate with early adopters and draw those trendsetters to their services.
In full, the report:
- Provides an overview of the key factors that will enable 5G FWA, and what companies will need to deploy it.
- Highlights the challenges wireless telecoms will face in getting consumers to take to such a service.
- Offers a range of data-backed strategies companies can employ that could draw early adopters to their services.
Interested in getting the full report? Here are two ways to access it:
- Subscribe to a Premium pass to Business Insider Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and more than 250 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you'll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Now
The choice is yours. But however you decide to acquire this report, you've given yourself a powerful advantage in your understanding of the fast-moving world of 5G.