Florida on Wednesday reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 10,723 more COVID-19 cases and three deaths, according to Miami Herald calculations of CDC data.
In all, Florida has recorded at least 3,464,113 confirmed COVID cases and 49,257 deaths.
In the last seven days, on average, the state has added 326 deaths and 12,192 cases, according to Herald calculations of CDC data.
Florida COVID-19 vaccine rates
About 11,900,631 eligible Floridians — 55.4% of the state’s population — had completed the two-dose series of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or have completed Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose vaccine, according to the CDC.
Vaccinations in South Florida and Manatee County
The CDC reported that every county’s level of community transmission was high. Here’s how many people have been fully vaccinated in South Florida, according to the CDC.
▪ In Miami-Dade County, about 1,902,375 people, or 70% of the county’s total population, are fully vaccinated.
▪ In Broward County, about 1,150,758 people are fully vaccinated, or 58.9% of the county’s population.
▪ In Palm Beach County, about 842,018 people are fully vaccinated, or 56.3% of the county’s population.
▪ In Monroe County, about 48,544 people are fully vaccinated, or 65.4% of the county’s population.
▪ In Manatee County, about 208,059 people are fully vaccinated, or 51.6% of the county’s population.
COVID-19 hospitalizations in Florida
According to Herald calculations of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Wednesday report, there were 10,539 COVID-19 patients reported from 228 Florida hospitals.
That’s 440 fewer patients than Tuesday’s report from 228 hospitals. In Wednesday’s report, COVID-19 patients take up about 19% of all inpatient hospital beds compared to about 20% in the previous day’s reporting hospitals.
Of the people hospitalized in Florida, 2,575 people were in intensive-care units, a decrease of 98 from the previous day’s report, Herald analyses show. That represents about 38% of the ICU beds at the 228 hospitals reporting data, compared to about 40% the previous day.
Wednesday’s Miami-Dade County report said there were 875 COVID patients in the county’s hospitals on Tuesday, a decrease of 70 from the previous day’s report. Of the 75 new COVID patients, 63 (84%) had not been vaccinated.
Broward County’s Wednesday report said there were 836 COVID patients in the county’s hospitals, a decrease of 60 from Tuesday’s patient population.