Florida on Friday reported 7,753 more COVID-19 cases and 11 deaths to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, according to Miami Herald calculations of CDC data.
In all, Florida has recorded at least 3,539,218 confirmed COVID cases and 53,116 deaths since the pandemic began.
In the past seven days, on average, the state has added 328 deaths and 7,724 cases per day, according to Herald calculations of CDC data.
Florida COVID-19 vaccine rates
About 12,154,279 eligible Floridians — 56.6% of the state’s population — had completed the two-dose series of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or have completed Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose vaccine, according to the CDC.
Vaccinations in South Florida and Manatee County
The CDC reported that every county’s level of community transmission was high. Here’s how many people have been fully vaccinated in South Florida and Manatee County, according to the CDC.
▪ In Miami-Dade County, about 1,941,168 people, or 71.4% of the county’s total population, are fully vaccinated.
▪ In Broward County, about 1,175,000 people are fully vaccinated, or 60.2% of the county’s population.
▪ In Palm Beach County, about 858,095 people are fully vaccinated, or 57.3% of the county’s population.
▪ In Monroe County, about 49,523 people are fully vaccinated, or 66.7% of the county’s population.
▪ In Manatee County, about 212,556 people are fully vaccinated, or 52.7% of the county’s population.
COVID-19 hospitalizations in Florida
There were 7,478 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida, according to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Friday report. This data is reported from 262 Florida hospitals. That is 450 fewer patients than Thursday’s report, but also from two more hospitals than the previous 260.
COVID-19 patients occupy 12.79% of all inpatient beds in the latest report’s hospitals, compared with 13.57% in the previous day’s reporting hospitals.
Of the people hospitalized in Florida, 1,939 people were in intensive care unit beds, a decrease of 102. That represents about 29.84% of the state’s ICU hospital beds compared with 31.24% the previous day.
Friday’s Miami-Dade County report said there were 600 COVID patients in the county’s hospitals on Thursday, the same patient population from the previous day’s report. Of the 52 new COVID patients, 42 (80.77%) had not been vaccinated.
Broward County’s Friday report said there were 648 COVID patients in the county’s hospitals, an decrease of one from Thursday’s patient population.