There was plenty of news across Georgia on Monday. If you missed any of it on your local Patch, here's a roundup of the top stories from the past 24 hours.
- GA Department Of Education Seeks Input On Testing Waiver
- Atlanta Mayor Issues 3 Orders From 'Use of Force' Council Report
- Thieves Steal Animal Rescue Van, Fundraiser Started
A Delta employee wanted to help a passenger with special needs feel comfortable flying. She made him an Elmo face mask.
For the past week, Georgia has recorded at least 1,000 new daily cases, with 2,207 new cases confirmed Monday.
Fulton County and Atlanta Hawks are turning State Farm Arena into a voting precinct for the August Runoff and November's General Elections.
The jazz great Freddy Cole, an Atlanta resident, died Saturday, according his manager.
The Sandy Springs City Council hopes to change the names of Lake Forrest Drive and Forrest Lake Drive, removing one "r" in the word Forrest.
Contribute your own content to Patch by signing up for an account and clicking the "Post on Patch" button at the top right of the site.
Also Worth A Look Today:
- 18 Year Old Shot, Killed In Midtown After Selling Water: Police
- Henderson Mill In DeKalb Receives New School Art Award
- Labelle Elementary School In Marietta Gets New School Art Award
- Milton Urges Public To Be Safe, Courteous As July 4 Approaches
- Stars And Stripes Around Roswell Begins To Celebrate July 4
- Tyler Perry Gifts Atlanta Nonprofit Founder With New Car
- Cobb School Board Split On Resolution Against Racism
- Car Hits Eye Surgery Center In Sandy Springs, One Injured
- SWAT Standoff In Roswell Ends Peacefully Thursday
- Cobb County Carjacking Suspect Dead After Chase, Shootout
- New Flooring Company Expected To Add 240 Jobs In Bartow County
- Forsyth County Breaks Ground On New Dog Park
- Forsyth County Waives Pet Adoption Fees In 'Summer Of Love'
- Marbut Principal, Teachers Take On Student Garden During Pandemic
- Solicitor Urges Gwinnett County To Move Confederate Monument
- Chuck E. Cheese, With 15 GA Locations, Files For Bankruptcy
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Louisiana Abortion Clinic Law
- Governments Backtracking As Confirmed Virus Cases Surge
- Netflix Series To Dramatize Kaepernick's Path To Activism
- Businesses Weigh Reopening Or Closing Again As Cases Rise
- Confederate Symbol Removed From The Last State Flag In America