Former Fox News star Ed Henry was well-known ‘sex addict,’ suit claims

Stephen Rex Brown, New York Daily News

Former Fox News White House correspondent Ed Henry was widely known as a sex addict at the network before he raped a junior staffer, a new lawsuit charges.

Jennifer Eckhart filed an amended complaint Monday detailing Henry’s raunchy reputation as he climbed the ladder at the network with a long history of vile men in powerful positions. Fox News fired Henry, a prominent on-air personality, shortly before Eckhart went public with her allegations in July.

Eckhart’s attorney, Michael Willemin, said Fox News was lying when it claimed no female employees had complained about Henry until she came forward.

“The amended complaint lays out how Fox News attempted to bury its head in the sand and refused to take appropriate action to protect its female employees, including Ms. Eckhart, all in the name of its bottom line,” Willemin said.

The suit, citing reporting by NPR and The Daily Beast, states that the network ordered Henry to undergo therapy for sex addiction in 2016 after it was revealed he’d had an affair with a Las Vegas stripper.

“Everyone at Fox News knows that Henry is a sex addict. That’s no secret," Fox Business anchor Liz Claman told Eckhart, according to the suit.

The complaint includes accounts from other women who claim Henry pressured them into sexual encounters when they were just starting careers in the news business.

The salvo is the latest development in a nasty legal battle. Eckhart claims Henry placed her in handcuffs and raped her in a hotel room in 2017. Henry responded last month by arguing his affair with Eckhart was consensual — and included racy photos to prove it.

“Eckhart has cherry-picked communications, selectively quoted only portions of those communications, and failed to include crucial evidence of her interactions with Mr. Henry to paint a false and libelous narrative of what was clearly a consensual relationship between two adults,” Henry’s attorney Catherine Foti wrote.

A judge removed the images from the public record at Eckhart’s request. Reps for Fox News and Henry did not immediately respond to inquiries. The network previously said it took “swift action” after learning of Eckhart’s allegations.

———

©2020 New York Daily News

Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.