French police issue photo of unidentified dead suicide bomber

A picture released in an "appel a temoins" (call for witnesses), by the French Police information service on November 17, 2015, shows a man, suspected of being involved in the attacks that occured on November 13, 2015 in Paris (AFP Photo/)

Paris (AFP) - French police on Tuesday released a photograph of one of the suicide bombers who blew himself up outside the national stadium, appealing for any witnesses with information to come forward.

Investigators have already established that the man had been finger-printed by authorities on the Greek island of Leros on October 3 but his identity remains unclear.

Near to his body was a Syrian passport, which French investigators believe may have belonged to a Syrian regime soldier killed several months ago, a source close to the investigation told AFP on Tuesday.

When he entered Greece, the man was using the Syrian passport, with the holder later registered as crossing the border between Macedonia and Serbia where he formally applied for asylum, Serbian officials said.

Investigators have so far identified five of seven gunmen and suicide bombers whose bodies were found at three sites across the city, while the hunt is on for an eighth gunman who is believed to be on the run.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting