- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
"They were both killed over misdemeanors," said Philonise Floyd, George Floyd's younger brother, who said he won't leave Wright's family's side.
PHILONISE FLOYD: Y'all have our condolences. We will stand in support with you all.
- In the middle of such a monumental trial for his own brother, Philonise Floyd couldn't help but be there for another family torn apart.
PHILONISE FLOYD: And they both was killed for misdemeanors.
- The Floyd drawing a parallel between his brother, George Floyd, and 20-year-old, Daunte Wright, who was killed Sunday by a police officer in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota.
PHILONISE FLOYD: It's a shame. The world is traumatized.
- The shooting injecting more frustration and more anger to the Twin Cities region.
PHILONISE FLOYD: My brother was tortured to death, and the officer claimed for Daunte that they thought they was tasing him. There was no need, no reason to tase him anyway. But you shot him and killed him. Now it's another family that's broken.
- For Floyd and Attorney, Ben Crump, who will now also represent the Wright family, no wait for justice is too heavy to bear.
PHILONISE FLOYD: His family, they are crying, and they are crying out for help. And we're here to help them and help others who didn't have footage like he did.
- I'm [INAUDIBLE], ABC 13 Eyewitness News.