Gibson man charged with murder after stray bullet kills local woman, police say

A Gibson man is charged with second-degree murder in connection with the death of a Terrebonne Parish woman who was shot by a stray bullet in October, authorities said Tuesday.

Romallic Dynell Nash Sr., 50, was apprehended Dec. 14 in Akron, Ohio, by the U.S. Marshals Service, Terrebonne Sheriff Tim Soignet said. Deputies traveled to Ohio and returned Nash to the parish jail, where he was arrested and booked Dec. 21.

Nash had been wanted in connection with the shooting death of 52-year-old Stacy Boudreaux. Family members found her body Oct. 20 in a mobile home in the 100 block of Tasha Court in Gibson.

Detectives learned Nash and another man were arguing on Vega Court, which led to the shooting, the Sheriff's Office said. A search of Nash's home led detectives to connect him to Boudreaux's shooting death.

More local news:Thibodaux Police seek information in Sunday night murder

For subscribers:Lafourche officials, coroner at odds over $75,000 he supposedly shouldn't have received

Deputies said they found bullet holes in the house and suspect Boudreaux, who had been missing several days, was hit by a random shot. A further investigation revealed reports of gunfire on the street shortly after 4:30 p.m. four days earlier.

Nash remains in the jail on $2 million bail.

If convicted of second-degree murder, Nash faces a mandatory life prison sentence without parole or early release.

“I am extremely pleased and relieved that Nash is in custody for this senseless murder of an innocent woman," Soignet said in a news release. "I am grateful for the help and resources provided by the Unites States Marshal’s Office, as well as the dedication of our investigators to bring this very violent offender to justice.”

This article originally appeared on The Courier: Gibson man charged with murder after stray bullet kills woman