SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global gluten-free products market size is projected to reach USD 43.65 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.2% during the forecast period, according to a new report published by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising prevalence of lifestyle-related diseases has favored is driving the product demand. Increasing instances of diseases, most notably chronic and non-communicable diseases leading to disability or death have bolstered the demand for gluten-free products.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of product, bakery products emerged as the largest segment in 2019, registering a revenue of USD 5.64 billion. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of over 10.2% over the forecast period
- In terms of distribution, independent natural or health food store segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth over the forecast period, attributed to the rising consumer disposable incomes and awareness about organic and natural foods
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. The market conditions are highly promising due to factors such as the increasing internet penetration, booming e-commerce market, and favorable demographics
- Australia is a growing market for gluten-free bakeries. Regulations by the Australian government favor the initialization of start-ups in the food and beverage industry
- The gluten-free products market is highly competitive with a sizable number of players sharing the market space. Some of the key competitive strategies employed by the companies include mergers and acquisitions, expansion of product portfolio, and product innovation
- Major market participants include Boulder Brands, Inc.; General Mills, Inc.; The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.; The Kraft Heinz Company; Kellogg's Company; Hero Group AG; and Big Oz Industries Ltd.
Read 100 page research report with ToC on "Gluten-Free Products Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Bakery Products, Dairy/Dairy Alternatives), By Distribution Channel (Grocery Stores, Mass Merchandiser), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/gluten-free-products-market/
Furthermore, increasing focus of food manufacturers as regards various parameters including production of food products with less saturated fat coupled with efficient labelling solutions has driven the demand for gluten-free products. Another important factor favoring market growth is the increasing incidences of Irresistible Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and celiac diseases. U.S. is one of the major consumers of gluten-free products as on an average, one of every 133 people suffer from celiac disease, and one in every 56 people experience similar symptoms. High cases of misdiagnosis of the disease is likely to drive the product demand in the country. However, the lack of awareness about celiac disease, leading to the consumption of gluten-rich food products, may hinder the market growth.
North America accounted for the largest revenue share of 40.61% in 2019. The region is home to major food brands and companies with extensive distribution networks that provide a wide array of commodities. Consumers also have favorable perceptions about healthy gluten-free food products, which is likely to boost the market growth. The favorable regulatory framework and initiatives to promote a gluten-free diet by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and subsidy allocations are anticipated to boost the regional market over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global gluten-free products market on the basis of product, distribution channel, and region:
- Gluten-free Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Gluten-free Products Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Gluten-free Product Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
Find more research reports on Nutraceuticals & Functional Foods Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Infant Formula Ingredients Market – The product is expected to witness high demand over the forecast period on account of several government initiatives and programs in the dairy ingredients space across the globe.
- Insect Protein Market – The growth of insect protein market is majorly driven by the willingness of the wealth investors to capitalize with developing insect protein manufacturers.
- Algae Protein Market – Growing shift of consumer preferences from animal-based towards plant-based and other alternative sources of protein is expected to drive the demand for algae protein during the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.