Yacht Club Games' retro-style platformer Shovel Knight is coming to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on April 21, the developer confirmed today. And as announced at Sony's PlayStation Experience in December, the PlayStation versions of the game will feature a cameo from God of War's Kratos.
David D'Angelo from Yacht Club wrote on the PlayStation Blog that the boss fight against Kratos won't necessarily be easy to find.
"You can't just run into Kratos by chance," D'Angelo said. "He's very tricky to find! Keep your eye out for secrets... and possibly even double secrets, to learn how to discover this battle. Once you figure it out, he'll appear on the world map."
On the PlayStation Blog, Yacht Club posted a trio of GIFs showing how Kratos will beat up on Shovel Knight using his trademark Blades of Chaos. There's also a reworked version of God of War's theme, done in the chiptune style, over on Soundcloud.
More from polygon.com:
- The key to a happy relationship? Maybe it's Borderlands
- Lego Dimensions hits Sept. 27, includes DC, Back to the Future, Wizard of Oz
- Jurassic World's first clip gives us a look at Chris Pratt in action
- Lego Dimensions takes on Skylanders, Disney Infinity with new toys-to-life game
- Meet the man leading more than 1,000 players in today's massive Eve Online battle
- Silent Hills' future is up in the air, but we're still trying to figure out P.T.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 teased in new Treyarch video