Trump declined on Wednesday to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the Nov. 3 election to Democratic rival Joe Biden and said he expected the election battle to end up before the Supreme Court.
- I mean, you just got to let it play out. I mean, there's no-- there's no right or wrong to that process. It's just, you know, you just have to have faith in-- in the voting process. I mean, hopefully-- hopefully President Trump is gonna have a second term, but you still have to-- you have to let the American people speak.
- I just honestly think we just need to play by the rules and accept a winner as a winner. Again, playing by the rules, that means that we do things by the Constitution, not make the rules up as we go along.
- I don't think there'll be a transition of power at all. I think President Trump will get re-elected. And I think at that point, things will start to open back up again like they were last year, before all of this COVID nonsense.
As far as his statement, Trump's statement that he made, I think everybody's figured out by now that he's really not good at speaking unless he's told exactly what to say, and then he doesn't follow it.
- You have to look at his record. It doesn't matter who you are, your record speaks for itself. It's OK to stand and talk, now I'm gonna do this and that, but we know that Donald Trump means what he says and his record proves it.
- I just think he has the right plan. I mean, he's been good in this so far.
- And I think Trump has done a good job for what he had to work with. I really do. Yeah, he said things he shouldn't have, but don't we all? And I will support him.
- It's very unsatisfactory. Both of our candidates, at the end of the day, they're-- for me, really, it's their moral character. Both just seem to lack in that a lot. So I think the system, I mean, it's been working for hundreds of years, so we just have to get out to vote, as they say.
- Which way are you voting? Do you mind telling us--
- --who you're voting for?
- Oh, that's-- let's just do it this way. OK? So if you don't vote for Donald Trump, you can cry for the rest of your life as far as I'm concerned.