Gov. Kate Brown tests positive for COVID-19 after Vietnam trip

Gov. Kate Brown announced on Twitter Saturday she and her husband have tested positive for COVID-19 after returning from a trip to Vietnam.

"We are recuperating at home and, while this changes our Thanksgiving plans, we are grateful for effective vaccines and boosters that are helping ensure our symptoms don't become serious," the governor said on Twitter.

Brown attended the Vietnam-U.S. Trade Forum in Ho Chi Minh City. She signed a trade memorandum between Oregon and Vietnam with Vice Minister Do Thang Hai. This agreement is to promote cooperation around "trade, renewable energy, education, and economic development," Brown said on Twitter.

More news:Oregon Health Authority director Patrick Allen announces he will resign

She also met with the Vietnam Deputy Minister for Education Nguyen Van Phuc to discuss educational and workforce opportunities for youth.

Dejania Oliver is the breaking news reporter for the Statesman Journal. Contact her at DAOliver@salem.gannett.com or follow on Twitter @DejaniaO.

This article originally appeared on Salem Statesman Journal: Oregon Governor Kate Brown tests positive for COVID-19