A child was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in an apartment building in Chicago's Grand Crossing neighborhood.
- Tonight, a 12-year-old is recovering after inhaling smoke during a fire in the Grand Crossing neighborhood. The fire started at an apartment building near 69th and Dante. We're told the child was taken to the hospital in good condition and should be released sometime today. Chicago firefighters also rescuing two dogs from that fire. The fire department later tweeted out this picture, adding that the dogs were suited up-- "sooted" up-- there you go-- but OK. The dogs were briefly taken back to the firehouse for a quick bath.