Grand jury convened in case of teenager murdered at North Versailles haunted hayride

Channel 11 sources confirm a grand jury has been convened in the case of a teenager murdered at a haunted hayride two years ago.

Even though there were people everywhere, no arrests have been made in connection to Steven Eason’s death.

>>> 15-year-old boy killed a year ago honored during basketball tournament

“I can’t imagine. It’s already been two years. I can’t imagine it being 10 years later and still no justice,” said Shantel Pizaro, Eason’s mom.

Pizaro can’t hold back tears at the thought of her son’s murder investigation becoming a cold case.

>>> 15-year-old shot, killed at haunted hayride; second teen hurt as search for shooter continues

“I have no choice but to keep going. I have no choice but to keep fighting and to keep moving forward with trying to get justice for my son,” Pizaro said.

Police say Eason was shot while trying to break up a fight and died on the way to the hospital.

His twin sister was also at the hayride that night.

“That’s her twin. They knew each other before they knew me. Their bond is something that I couldn’t even fathom or relate to,” Pizaro explained.

It’s unclear where the grand jury stands and if they are still reviewing evidence.

If charges are eventually filed, Pizaro feels it was worth the wait.

We asked county police and the DA’s office about the grand jury investigation. Both said they could not confirm or deny its existence.

Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Channel 11 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch WPXI NOW


Parents demanding answers from Moon Township School Board after gymnastics coach suspended 2 men dead, 1 person critically injured in Pittsburgh shooting State police update on escaped murderer Danelo Cavalcante: now armed, ‘extremely dangerous’ Man allegedly caught with enough fentanyl to kill 35% of Pennsylvanians wanted for skipping court DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts