• Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

Harry and Meghan won't deal with UK tabloids

In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan have told Britain's tabloid newspapers they will no longer have anything to do with them.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who gave up their jobs as working royals at the end of last month, have made little secret of their displeasure with the tabloids.

In a letter to the editors of The Sun, Daily Mail, Daily Express, and Daily Mirror newspapers, the couple said they have watched people they know - as well as complete strangers - have their lives, quote, "completely pulled apart for no good reason, other than the fact that salacious gossip boosts advertising revenue."

The letter added that from now on there will be "no corroboration and zero engagement" with those publications.

Last year, Harry said he would sue Rupert Murdoch's Sun and the Daily Mirror newspapers.

It's after a court in London heard in 2013 that voicemail messages on his phone were hacked by staff working for Murdoch's now-defunct News of the World.

He also blames the tabloids for the death of his mother, Princess Diana, in Paris 23 years ago.

She was killed when a car she was traveling in crashed after being chased by paparazzi photographers.

At the time, Harry was only 12 years-old.

Last October, he said his "deepest fear is history is history repeating itself."

Later this week, Meghan's legal case against one of the newspapers will be heard at London's high court.

It's over the publication by the Mail of Sunday of a private letter she wrote to her father.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting