Part of the GoFundMe money raised will be used to create a scholarship at St. Laurence Catholic School, where the siblings were enrolled.
SHELLEY CHILDERS: Sugar Land firefighters were called to this home in the Lakes of Edgewater community around 2:00 AM. They were on scene within 10 minutes, but the home, they say, was already filled with smoke and flames. Inside, three children and their grandmother were found dead. The fire department says their 41-year-old mother was outside the home with burns frantic to get back inside.
- When we arrived, the woman was very distraught, emotionally upset. She had to be physically restrained because she was trying to get back into the house to save her family.
SHELLEY CHILDERS: Neighbors say this area lost power Monday afternoon. Investigators say social media posts show the family was using a chimney to stay warm, but it's unclear, at this point, if that was the cause. Neighbors are now wondering if this crushing scene could have been avoided.
- It's a horrible tragedy, and it should have been unnecessary. It shouldn't have happened.
SHELLEY CHILDERS: The mother and another friend, who also suffered burns on the scene, are both being treated at the hospital. In Sugar Land, Shelley Childers, ABC 13 "Eyewitness News."