When it comes to our moms, there’s so much to be thankful for. And while we all know they cherish our thoughtful gifts, it’s the card that really drives home the how much they mean to us. Don’t know where to start? From funny to sentimental, we went to the experts at Hallmark and American Greetings to give you some ideas. So whoever is a mom-like figure in your life-whether it’s mom, grandma, mother-in-law, or another special lady, you can show her some love with these sweet card notes.
“Start from a positive place of love and gratitude-not only for what she's done as a mom, but for who she is as a person,” says Wendy Bomers, senior writer at American Greetings. Give her a reminder that she’s doing a great job, and let her know the multitude of reasons you’re proud of her. Begin with a memory you share or a lesson you learned from her to make her valued.
The day is all about her. Tell mom how much she means to you, and make it personal. “Most of all, be real. Your mom, of all people, is someone who knows the true you,” says Bomer. “Let your writing reflect your voice, your thoughts, your heart, and your one-and-only relationship with your mom.”
- For all the times I didn’t say it but should have…thank you, Mom. I love you.
- I’m so lucky to have you as my mom and best friend.
- Thank you for always being there with just what I need. It doesn’t go unnoticed.
- I’m so proud to be your son/daughter.
The wise matriarch of every family deserves to know how much her role is admired and appreciated. Give grandma a smile with a sweet note acknowledging all she does for the entire family.
- Grandma, you mean so much to me. Thank you for always making me feel special, loved, and spoiled!
- Because of you, I got a really great mom. Thank you for everything.
- You’ve taught me so much about life, I look up to you.
- You are the heart and soul of this family.
“If your relationship is complicated, don’t feel obligated to make your message more complimentary or effusive than you feel,” says Keely Chance, a master writer for Hallmark on their site. “Instead, be warm and sincere in your card message. Focus on what’s positive and true between you. Tell her you’re thinking of her. Or simply wish her a beautiful day.”
- I couldn’t have joined a better or more loving family. Thank you for accepting me with open arms.
- We’re so grateful for you and your love – I’m the luckiest daughter-in-law in the world.
- Out of all the mothers-in-law out there - I got the best. Have a beautiful day.
- Hoping all the love you give comes back to you tenfold today.
For someone special:
Anyone who has served as a role model figure in your life can enjoy a little extra appreciation on Mother’s Day. After all, giving birth is not required. Show a special woman how much you care for and appreciate her by sending a warm message like these.
- You inspire me to be a better person. Thanks for being like a mom to me.
- Happy Mother’s Day to an amazing woman I’ll always admire, appreciate and love!
- You are a blessing to your family…and to me.
- Here’s to a wonderful woman in my life-sending you extra love today.
Now grab a card and get writing!
('You Might Also Like',)