- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Nov. 20—With the Holiday season commencing here with Thanksgiving coming up this week and Christmas rapidly approaching, the Richmond Parks and Recreation is kicking off their holiday programming this week.
According to the Parks and Rec website, the first event will be this Sunday, Nov. 26 at Battlefield Park. That will mark the first of four Santa Sundays that will take place throughout Richmond.
The Parks and Recreation website says that the Santa Sunday events will take place from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. at each site. The Parks department is partnering with Richmond tourism for the four-week long event.
The other sites are as follows:
* December 3: Lynwood Estate (1615 Lexington Road)
* December 10: Irvinton House Museum (345 Lancaster Ave.)
* December 17: Richmond Visitors Center (531 W. Main St.)
That's not the only activity related to the holidays going on. Ice skating will also take place at Irvine-McDowell City Park. The ice skating dates and times are as follows:
* Thursday, December 7th: 4:00 PM — 8:00 PM
* Friday, December 8th: 4:00 PM — 8:00 PM
* Saturday, December 9th: 12:00 PM — 8:00 PM
* Sunday, December 10th: 10:00 AM — 6:00 PM
Travelin' Tom's coffee and Tolentino's will be on site serving refreshments.
At the Old Richmond Mall, there will be a craft fair on December 2 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Letters from Santa along with the Santa Express are also happening this winter. You can have Santa send a personalized letter or visit your home as long as you're within city limits.
The dates Santa will visit homes is Monday, December 11th or Wednesday, December 13th. The first child will cost $15 and additional children will cost $10 per child.