If physical production on live-action feature films can’t take place now, well, then animation will definitely make do. Disney Animation dropped the first in a series of digital weekly shorts, At Home With Olaf, today which you can watch below.
They were created by Olaf animator Hyrum Osmond and voiced by the snowman himself, Josh Gad — both who worked on the digital series from their respective homes.
More from Deadline
- Josh Gad, 'Frozen's' Olaf, Brings Some Joy To Kids And Parents By Reading Online
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Considered Delaying Quibi Launch Due To Coronavirus Pandemic
- International Box Office: Top 10 Markets Fall 59% In "Disaster" First Quarter Amid Coronavirus; What's Next? - Charts
Gad explained on Twitter that Jennifer Lee, the head of Disney Animation and the director of Frozen 1 and 2, gave him a call that the studio was making these shorts and if he could reprise the voice of Olaf, working from home.
“So, I did. It was a little bit of a challenge because I’m not good technically, and now we’re releasing Olaf shorts!” beamed Gad. The digital series can be found weekly on Gad’s social media handles (@joshgad) and @DisneyAnimation.
To make families happy during this dour COVID-19 time, Disney announced that Frozen 2, which amassed $1.45 billion at the global box office, was headed to Disney+ three months earlier on March 15.
Starting this week, enjoy an all-new original Disney Animation digital series with everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf. #AtHomeWithOlaf created at home by Hyrum Osmond. Voiced from home by Josh Gad. #DisneyMagicMoments pic.twitter.com/gFFuHE8mev
— Disney Animation (@DisneyAnimation) April 6, 2020
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More