Nearly 30 firefighters were needed to put out a house fire in Cooper City that displaced a family of four.
The fire occurred at the Timberlake section of Cooper City at 5124 SW 87th Ave. Firefighters arrived at the single-family home just after 1 p.m. on Saturday, discovering flames and black smoke coming from the garage, according to Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue.
It took about 20 minutes to bring the flames under control, with firefighters needing multiple hose lines to stop the fire from spreading. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the garage, sparing the rest of the single-family home from flames, a Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman said.
Smoke damage, though, left the rest of the house uninhabitable and in need of repairs. A car parked in the garage was destroyed by the flames.
No one was injured in the fire.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue said a faulty dryer was likely the cause of the fire.