Huawei has fired back at the FCC for cutting off its sales in the U.S.
On Thursday (December 5) the Chinese tech giant said it's suing the U.S. telecoms regulator.
Last month the FCC branded Huawei and another Chinese tech company, ZTE, as national security threats.
It also voted to block them both from a subsidy program that rural U.S. carriers depend on to buy Huawei's gear.
Huawei's chief legal officer said the FCC had not provided enough evidence to say his company is a threat.
(SOUNDBITE) (English) CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER, HUAWEI, SONG LIUPING, SAYING:
"Banning a company like Huawei, just because we started in China - this does not solve cyber security challenges.// This decision, just like the entity list in May, is based on politics, not security."
Last month FCC chairman Ajit Pai said the rule was not a political issue.
The comission argued the risk lies in the company's ties to Beijing, and Chinese laws requiring companies like it to assist in intelllgence activities.
It's unclear when the FCC rule will take effect, but its the latest U.S. step against Huawei.
In May, President Donald Trump put the company on the U.S. trade blacklist, also citing security concerns.
That came after Washington levied criminal charges against it.
The U.S. has also been lobbying allies to ban Huawei from their 5G networks.
And Reuters reported last week that the U.S. is now weighing up ways to stop more products with American tech from being shipped to the company.