JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel's Government Press Office on Saturday warned foreign journalists it was not responsible for their safety in the Gaza Strip, where the Jewish state has launched an offensive against Palestinian militants. Israel sent ground forces into Hamas-dominated Gaza on Thursday after heavy air and naval barrages failed to stop rocket fire from the Palestinian territory. Gaza officials said at least 335 Palestinians, many of them civilians, have been killed in the 12-day conflict. "Gaza and its vicinity are a battleground. Covering the hostilities exposes journalists to life-threatening danger," an e-mailed Government Press Office (GPO) statement said. "Israel is not in any way responsible for injury or damage that may occur as a result of field reporting." The GPO, which accredits journalists based in Israel, many of whom also cover events in the Palestinian Territories, charged Islamist group Hamas was using journalists as human shields and advised reporters to take "every possible precaution." The Israeli military said that since the July offensive began, it has struck over 2,300 sites in the densely populated enclave and that more than 1,663 rockets have been launched by Palestinian militants toward its territory. Its land incursion into Gaza has so far failed to subdue Hamas and its allies, who fired more than 90 rockets into Israel on Saturday, the Israeli army said. Three Israeli soldiers and two civilians have been killed. (Writing by Maayan Lubell; Editing by Sandra Maler)
Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting
- Men's Health
Pulmonary medicine and critical care specialist Dr. Mike Hansen explains what you need to know about the new Covid-19 strain known as the Omicron variant.
- Rolling Stone
"For the Intelligence Community, the Trump transition was far and away the most difficult in its historical experience with briefing new presidents," a new CIA report said
- Madame Noire
Venus And Serena’s Half-Sister Slams ‘King Richard’ Biopic: ‘Those Girls Rose To The Top While His Children Had To Suffer’
Sabrina Williams's late mother, Betty Johnson, was married to the former tennis coach in the early sixties. The couple had four children together shortly before Williams allegedly walked out on his family according to the Wimbledon champs estranged sister.
- The Columbus Dispatch
Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh added some trash talk of his own following the Wolverines' upset of Ohio State.
"Congrats guys!" Charli XCX wrote on Instagram, sharing an outtake of her wardrobe malfunction at the ARIA Music Awards, in which she suffered a nip slip while presenting an award to Justin Bieber
- College Football News
What will the Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY potentially look like? It's our prediction and best guess on what the latest rankings will be after Week 13
- Auburn Wire
Here are all of the missed penalties on Alabama's final drive.
- Belleville News-Democrat
How does your southwestern Illinois community compare to others?
- Business Insider
The organizer of the 'Stop the Steal' rally that led up to the Capitol riot said he will comply with a congressional subpoena because he doesn't have 'money to spend on legal bills'
"The only reason I'm going is because I don't want to go to jail," Ali Alexander said in a Telegram message Saturday night.
- The Daily Beast
Clemens Bilan/Getty ImagesA new book claims Prince Charles privately discussed with his wife the likely “complexion” of any children of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.The potentially devastating accusation appears in the latest book by the New York Times best-selling author Christopher Andersen. But the author stops short of directly alleging that Charles is the royal racist who expressed “concerns” to Prince Harry over the skin color of the couple’s children, as Meghan Markle told Oprah in a bo
- WXII - Greensboro/Winston-Salem Videos
Pilot Mountain still burning Sunday morning
- Bears Wire
The Bears are expected to consider some high-profile offensive coaches to replace Matt Nagy, who is expected to be fired after this season.
- Rolling Stone
"Donald Trump has made it very clear that he is grifting off of the American people, these supporters ... are just sending money to him at record levels," and running again would risk the grift, Trump's former personal attorney said
- Atlanta Black Star
‘She Should Spend Time In Prison’: Former DA Accused of ‘Showing Favor’ to the McMichaels Awaits Her Day In Court on Charges Over Delayed Arrests In Ahmaud Arbery’s Slaying
The men convicted of killing Ahmaud Arbery are not the only ones facing prison time for the February 2020 murder. Former Georgia District Attorney Jackie […]
- The Daily Beast
GoFundMeOn November 19, Nathan Valencia, a 20-year-old Las Vegas college junior and fraternity member, fought a member of another campus fraternity in the “main event” of an annual boxing match.According to an Instagram flyer leading up to Kappa Sigma Fight Night, proceeds for the annual event were supposed to support Center Ring Boxing, a youth boxing club in Las Vegas.But the friendly match quickly turned tragic. View this post on Instagram A post shared by 𝐊𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐚 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐦𝐚 (@unlvkappasigma) Accord
- USA TODAY Sports - Golfweek
What happened in this video is enough to shake any golfer.
- The Tennessean
Woman attacks Spirit Airlines flight attendants and was arrested by airport police for public intoxication.
- The Daily Beast
Tiziana Fabi/Getty ImagesRudy Guede, who was convicted of raping and killing British student Meredith Kercher and who was released from jail early this past week, insinuated Amanda Knox and her ex-lover Raffaelle Sollecito were the ones who “inflict[ed] the stab wounds” in the gruesome 2007 murder. Guede, who spent 13 years in jail for the crime, maintained his innocence in his first post-jail interview with Britain’s The Sun, even as Knox pleaded with him to clear her name. “I know the truth an
- The Anderson Independent-Mail
The troublesome tree is being killed with fire, it will be banned and there are bounties. Is it enough to stop the tree's wild spread?
- Yahoo Life
The trans actor has spoken previously about the "life-saving" impact of top surgery.