- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol voted unanimously to hold Steve Bannon, onetime adviser to former President Donald Trump, in contempt of Congress for failure to comply with a subpoena.
LIZ CHENEY: Mr. Chairman, I move that the committee favorably report to the House the committee's report on a resolution recommending that the House of Representatives find Stephen K. Bannon in contempt of Congress for refusal to comply with a subpoena duly issued by the select committee to investigate the January 6 attack on the United States Capitol as amended.
BENNIE THOMPSON: The question on the motion is favorably reported to the House. Those in favor say "aye."
BENNIE THOMPSON: Those opposed, no. In The opinion of the chair, the ayes have it.
LIZ CHENEY: Mr. Chairman, I request a recorded vote.
BENNIE THOMPSON: A recorded vote is requested. The clerk will call the roll.
- Ms. Cheney.
LIZ CHENEY: Aye.
- Ms. Lofgren.
ZOE LOFGREN: Yes.
- Ms. Lofgren, aye. Mr. Schiff.
ADAM SCHIFF: Aye.
- Mr Schiff, aye. Mr. Aguilar.
PETE AGUILAR: Aye.
- Mr. Aguilar, aye. Mrs. Murphy.
STEPHANIE MURPHY: Aye.
- Mrs. Murphy, aye. Mr. Raskin.
JAMIE RASKIN: Aye.
- Mr. Raskin, aye. Mrs. Luria.
ELAINE LURIA: Aye.
- Mrs. Luria, aye. Mr. Kinzinger.
ADAM KINZINGER: Aye.
- Mr. Kinzinger, aye.
BENNIE THOMPSON: Has the chair recorded?
- Mr. Chairman, you are now recorded.
BENNIE THOMPSON: I vote aye.
- Mr. Chairman, aye.
BENNIE THOMPSON: The clerk will report the vote.
- Mr. Chairman, on this vote, there are nine ayes, zero nos.
BENNIE THOMPSON: The motion is agreed to.