Japan sees 60 percent chance of no El Niño or La Niña through winter

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's weather bureau projected on Monday that there are no active El Niño or La Niña patterns now and that it sees a 60 percent chance of normal weather conditions continuing through winter. The projection was the same as last month. There is a 40 percent chance that La Niña would emerge between November and March, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. (Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori)