- Disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein died by apparent suicide at the Metropolitan Correctional Center early Saturday morning.
- Epstein was being held without bail on federal charges of sex trafficking of minors and conspiracy.
- Epstein took a secretive, widely criticized plea deal in 2008 for charges including procuring a minor for prostitution. Many of his high-profile friends supported him after his 13 months in jail.
- His other connections include former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, who frequented a Manhattan building that housed young models, girlfriends, pilots, and other Epstein associates for years, a Business Insider investigation found.
- From Epstein's death, to his connections, to his finances, and to his legal battles, here's what Business Insider has learned about the multimillionaire.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Epstein flew former President Bill Clinton on his private plane, partied with President Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago in the '90s, and managed money for a high-profile billionaire.
Despite his tabloid-worthy exploits, the disgraced money manager kept much of his life under wraps. Here's what we learned about his finances, network, and sex trafficking charges.
- Jeffrey Epstein and Sen. Dianne Feinstein's husband were coinvestors in an exclusive private-equity fund
- Deutsche Bank reportedly flagged Epstein's suspicious transactions to US financial watchdogs
- Jeffrey Epstein claims he's worth $559 million in court documents
- Jeffrey Epstein hired a college student for erotic massages. She also gave a massage to his billionaire friends, Glenn and Eva Dubin — though they say they don't recall it.
- The famous connections of Jeffrey Epstein, the elite wealth manager charged with sex trafficking young girls
- Trump and Epstein's friendship reportedly soured after they fought over a $41 million Palm Beach mansion. 2 weeks after the home's auction, cops received a tip about underage women at Epstein's house.
- Inside the relationship between Victoria's Secret head Les Wexner and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, from 'close personal friends' to severed ties
- A billionaire hedge fund manager and his wife maintained social and charitable ties with Jeffrey Epstein, even after he went to jail for prostitution
- Billionaire private-equity guru Leon Black is reaching out to Apollo investors about his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein
- Here are all the politicians Jeffrey Epstein, the money manager arrested on charges of sex trafficking, has donated to
- New charges against Jeffrey Epstein highlight his reported past ties to the British royal family
- From Bill Clinton to Naomi Campbell: Here are some of the famous people who have flown on Jeffrey Epstein's private plane, which has been dubbed the 'Lolita Express'
- Inside the mysterious Manhattan apartment building on East 66th Street, where underage models, lawyers, and key players in Jeffrey Epstein's sex-trafficking circle all live. Ex-Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak is a frequent visitor.
- An inside look at Jeffrey Epstein's 2 private islands in the Caribbean, which locals call 'Orgy Island' and where airport workers say they saw him traveling with underage girls
- A Manhattan mansion, a ranch in New Mexico, a private jet, and a black stuffed poodle on a Steinway. Here's a look at the assets of Jeffrey Epstein.
- Why did Jeffrey Epstein build a temple on his private island?
- If Jeffrey Epstein's NYC mansion hits the market, its value will likely have 2 driving forces against it: A slow luxury market, and its tainted history
- Jeffrey Epstein could face trial on sex-trafficking charges in June 2020, and his lawyers say there are more than 1 million pages of evidence
- One of the earliest known accusations against Jeffrey Epstein was reported to Santa Monica police in 1997
- Judge denies Jeffrey Epstein's bail request, so the wealthy financier will have to wait in jail for his trial on sex trafficking of minors and conspiracy charges
- How Jeffrey Epstein's secret deal a decade ago could affect the sex-trafficking case against him now
- In Epstein bail hearing, federal prosecutors claimed that a 1980s passport with Saudi connections had Epstein's photo but a different name
- James Comey's daughter is a lead prosecutor on Jeffrey Epstein's sex trafficking case. Here's what we know about her.
- Jeffrey Epstein reportedly told prominent scientists he wanted to impregnate 20 women at a time at his New Mexico ranch in order to 'seed the human race with his DNA'
- Flight data from Jeffrey Epstein's private jets show a lavish travel schedule as the walls closed in
- Epstein, Trump Jr., and Anthony Weiner were all on a bizarre Page Six most eligible 'studs' list in 2003
- Jeffrey Epstein was a featured 'Bachelor of the Month' seeking 'a cute Texas girl' in a 1980 issue of Cosmopolitan
- Jeffrey Epstein reportedly hired private investigators to intimidate and silence accusers, witnesses, and prosecutors
- At least a dozen more women have come forward accusing Jeffrey Epstein of sexual abuse
- A timeline of sexual abuse cases brought against Jeffrey Epstein
- What to know about British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein's alleged madam
- How A Famous Harvard Professor Got Caught Up In A Financier's Sex Abuse Scandal
- L Brands CEO Les Wexner said he 'regretted' crossing paths with Jeffrey Epstein
- A sexual misconduct allegation from one of Jeffrey Epstein's victims sparked a quiet war between two of America's most powerful lawyers. Now it's about to blow up.
- Ghislaine Maxwell abruptly torpedoed her oceanic non-profit in the wake of the scandal surrounding her associate Jeffrey Epstein