- Jenna Jameson just shared a ton of advice about how to get started on the keto diet.
- She's lost more than 80 pounds since starting the high-fat, low-carb diet last year.
- She says she follows other keto dieters, like Vinny from Jersey Shore, on Instagram for inspiration.
Jenna Jameson has practically been a spokesperson for the keto diet for more than a year, and there’s a good reason for it: She’s lost about 80 pounds on the diet.
While Jenna has dropped some amazing keto wisdom here and there on Instagram, she just shared a massive list of tips on how to start your keto lifestyle in a new post, pointing out that “how do I start a keto lifestyle” is the No. 1 question she gets asked.
Here’s her advice:
- Get rid of processed stuff. “Clean out your refrigerator and cupboards, get rid of everything processed, high in carbohydrates, [and] high in sugar,” Jenna wrote, noting that there are lots of different names for sugar, like high fructose corn syrup.
- Buy keto-friendly foods. “My number one recommendation for grocery shopping is to shop the perimeter and not the [aisles],” Jenna said. “Green leafy veggies, grass fed steaks, wild salmon. Eggs and real butter are your friend.”
- Talk to your family about your keto lifestyle. “Get them on board! You all can benefit from it!” Jenna said. “I usually make a side of brown rice or pasta for my toddler. If your significant other doesn’t want to participate, ask them to respect your wants and needs and to not try to break your willpower.”
- Be positive about the whole thing. “This shouldn’t be torture. Focus on how you’re now treating your body right and be proud!” Jenna said.
- Think long-term. “Keto is sustainable and will benefit your mind as well as your physique,” Jenna said. (Worth pointing out: A lot of experts say keto is not easy or sustainable to follow for the long-term.)
- Follow fellow keto fans on Instagram. Jenna said her favorite is @ketoguido, aka Vinny Guadagnino from Jersey Shore.
- Be patient. “Everyone’s body reacts differently,” Jena said. “I lost my first 40 lbs ultra quick then plateaued and had to begin #intermittentfasting to break that wall.”
- Don’t stress over keto side effects. The keto flu is real, but Jena said you shouldn’t “fear” it. Instead, “Drink plenty of electrolytes, salt your food and get rest!” she said.
- Search for nutritional info online. “Google is your friend! If you are wondering about carb content... it’s a quick google away,” Jena said.
- Read labels. “You’ll be surprised how many products hide potato starch,” Jena said.
So, if you’re looking to start a keto diet…you know what to do.
You Might Also Like