Things are different this year, but there are still winners. "Even when shows get canceled, I just kept grinding," winner William Wall said.
- In normal years, spring break would be one of the busiest weekends, we know, at Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- Yeah, but the pandemic is still here, and that means this year, there's still no rodeo or big concerts due to the pandemic. But the livestock show, that is still going on-- this weekend the final one for 2021. The steer raised by 16-year-old William Wall from the town of Idalou was named the Grand Champion of the 2021 Junior Steer Show. He plans on attending Texas Tech, by the way, to pursue a career in the agricultural industry.
- The Reserve Grand Champion ribbon went to--
- --10-year-old Jet James. Adorable.
- OK, that's a great name.
- Yeah, it is!
- He's from Prosper. Jet says he hopes to attend Oklahoma State University and sell cattle when he gets older. Well, he's on the right track, then.
- The steers will sell in a private auction on May 22.