- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Katey Sagal said her role on "Rebel" is based on a woman who fights for social justice and empowers people.
- Stenmore Medical's heart valves are making people sicker and doing it anyway for profit.
- They got a shot up your skirt. It's embarrassing.
- It's free publicity.
HOSEA SANDERS: Before we get to the series, a personal note from my Hollywood days. I spent one of the best Thanksgivings of my life at your home. You open up your house to a few people who didn't have close relatives there in Los Angeles.
KATEY SAGAL: Thank you so much for saying that.
I'm giving you one last chance to do the right thing quietly before I get awfully loud.
She fights the good fight. She-- she gives voice to the voiceless and doesn't take no for an answer.
We'll just hang out in the lobby till you're ready for us.
She empowers the people that feel powerless to help themselves. And so she's kind of that person that, you know, gives you the fishing pole instead of the fish.
JULIA ROBERTS: So before you come back here with another lame [BLEEP] offer, I want you to think real hard about what your spine is worth.
HOSEA SANDERS: Julia Roberts won an Oscar playing "Erin Brockovich" on the big screen. How much of Erin Brockovich is actually in this piece?
KATEY SAGAL: You know Erin is an executive producer on the show. There's a lot of her-- her energy her-- her-- her soul in it.
- I think I honestly hate you.
- You're not the first man to say those words to me.
HOSEA SANDERS: This is your trademark. It is smart sexy woman.
KATEY SAGAL: Thank you. That's a good trademark to have. I like smart sexy women. As so much of this country is, you know, treats-- treats age as like, you know, you're suddenly gone or something, which is crazy, you know. We're happening in our 60s.
Couldn't you even wear deodorant you pig?
- Gee, you didn't wear quite enough hairspray tonight Peg, I can still smell your breath.
HOSEA SANDERS: "Married with Children" was set in Chicago along with other shows Sagal has been on.
KATEY SAGAL: When I walked into that role for Peg, everybody thought I was from Chicago. Oh, you know my grandparents actually lived in Lombard, Illinois. So when I was a kid I did go to Chicago. It's one of my favorite cities.
HOSEA SANDERS: Hosea Sanders, ABC 7, Eyewitness News.
- There is always a Chicago connection.
- Oh, yes.
- You can see the debut of "Rebel" right here on ABC 7 tonight at 9:00, followed by Eyewitness News at 10:00.