Kharkiv spared from Russian shelling for the second time in August

·1 min read

VALENTYNA ROMANENKO – WEDNESDAY, 10 AUGUST 2022, 12:10

Russian forces did not attack the city of Kharkiv on Tuesday, 9 August. However, they continued to fire on other towns and villages in the Kharkiv, Izium and Chuhuiv districts of Kharkiv Oblast.

Source: Oleh Syniehubov, Head of the Kharkiv Oblast Military Administration, on Telegram

Details: Radio Svoboda (Radio Liberty) has said the only other day when Russian forces did not attack the city of Kharkiv, since the beginning of August, was 2 August

While the city of Kharkiv was spared, other towns and villages in Kharkiv Oblast came under Russian fire on Tuesday, 9 August.

The village of Tsyrkuny in the Kharkiv district sustained the heaviest damage. Russian forces fired on Tsyrkuny around the clock, on 9 August.

Several privately owned houses, outbuildings and garages were damaged, as well as a grocery store. Russian attacks caused 16 fires in the village; rescuers worked in enhanced mode.

The Oblast Centre for Emergency Medical Services has reported that a 64-year-old woman had been injured in Tsyrkuny; she is in moderately severe condition.

Syniehubov has said that Russian forces are actively deploying tank guns, as well as tubed and rocket artillery, to fire on Ukrainian positions in the contact zone in Kharkiv Oblast.

In addition, the Russians attempted to advance on the Veterynarne – Udy axis, but were met with Ukrainian fire and were forced to retreat, with losses. Fighting is currently underway on the Bairak – Husarivka axis.

Journalists fight on their own frontline. Become our patron, support our work!