Here are the share-worthy stories from Washington, D.C., and northern Virginia Patches to talk about tonight:
A Fairfax County police officer is facing charges for an alleged assault of black civilian caught on body-worn camera video Friday.
Police allege a self-described leader of the Virginia Ku Klux Klan drove into a crowd of protesters in Henrico County Sunday.
President Donald Trump tweeted Sunday that he has ordered the National Guard to begin withdrawing from Washington, D.C.
- Pictures From George Floyd Protests In DC
- 'Black Lives Matter' Mural To Stay; 'Defund The Police' Uncertain
Hundreds of people rallied in Purcellville Sunday afternoon for racial justice and against police brutality. The small town of about 8,000 had never seen anything like what happened Sunday when people of all ages and races marched down Main Street with handmade signs calling for changes in policing policies.
As a form of peaceful protest, Kaila Drayton, her husband Aaron Ferrufino and two of their friends set out Sunday morning to cover the bricks of Lake Anne Plaza in Reston with chalk.
The Virginia Department of Health confirmed 570 additional cases of the coronavirus and five new deaths Monday. It's the lowest number of new cases since May 24, when 495 new cases were reported. The latest cumulative totals are 51,251 cases, 5,143 hospitalizations and 1,477 deaths.
D.C. Health Department confirmed 57 additional cases of the new coronavirus in the District Monday. This brings the total number of cases in D.C. to 9,389.
Also Worth a Look Today
- Broad Run HS Senior Tells Class of 2020: 'Pursue Your Dreams'
- Woodbridge Man Wins $800,000 In Virginia Lottery's Cash 5 Game
- Alexandria's May 25 Testing Events Have 8 Percent Positive Rate
- ATF Seeks Suspect In AFL-CIO Headquarters Fire: Police
- Second Round Of Falls Church Small Business Grants Opens
- Boy Scout Collects Dog Toys For McLean's Paws Of Honor
- Small Business Grant Applications Open In Fairfax County
- Woman Robbed In Woodbridge After Getting Struck In Head: Police
- Dumfries Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Woodbridge Crash
- Motorcyclist Dies After Getting Struck By Vehicle In Ashburn
- Overnight Work On Bridges Over I-66 Impact Vienna Area
- Fairfax Man Killed In Single-Vehicle Collision: Police
- Arlington Firefighters Extinguish Burning Power Pole
- Clarendon Armed Robbery, Crystal City Burglary Investigated
- Fatal Shooting In Brentwood Investigated By DC Police
- Adoptable Alexandria Pet: Meet Smokey Through Virtual Adoption
- Parents, Day Care Providers Concerned About Reopening Guidelines
- Braintree Catholic School Among Dozens Closing Nationwide
- 13 Good News Stories: Bottled Love, Laughing Path, Unity Dance
- 11 New PA Coronavirus Cases Traced To Jersey Shore Gathering