Oct. 25—It's fall, and that means leaves are beginning to fall from their tree.
As such, the city of Kokomo announced this week its annual leaf collection program will begin Monday.
Leaf collection will begin in the south side of Kokomo and continue north until all leaves are picked up or until weather no longer permits leaf pick up. Crews should be able to make collection from each residence approximately two to four times during the leaf pick up season depending on which rate the leaves fall.
To help make leaf collection more efficient:
* Rake loose leaves to the curb but not into the street. Leaves placed in the street may clog drains and cause street flooding.
* Keep piles away from anything that can be damaged during collection.
* Do not mix leaves with trash, limbs, landscaping materials or garden waste. The leaf vacuum can't pick up these heavy items.
* Bagged leaves under 50 lbs. can be set out with trash for collection.
* The Kokomo Greencycle yard waste center at 1130 S. Dixon Road will accept bagged leaves at a cost of $10 per vehicle load. Contractors should call for pricing. The yard waste center winter hours are as follows: November 1st to spring of 2024, they will only be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to5 p.m.
Limb collection will be paused until leaf collection ends. City residents may take tree limbs to the Greencycle yard waste center at no charge to city and county residents.
If you have any questions contact the Department of Public Maintenance and Refuse at 765-453-4030.