Written by Simms, the untitled comedy is about a family surviving a widespread technological crisis. Lacretta will play Nancy, a humorous immigrant from Grenada who now is the nanny for the son of Hunt (Messina) and Rachel (Graynor).
More from Deadline
- Chris Messina & Ari Graynor To Star In Paul Simms Comedy Pilot At FX, Jonathan Krisel To Direct
- Writers' Strike Could Accelerate Scripted Programming's Decline On Linear Television
- 'Y: The Last Man': Barry Keoghan Exits FX Post-Apocalypytic Drama
Simms executive produces with M. Blair Breard (Baskets, Better Things). FX Productions, where Simms is under an overall deal and Breard has a first-look pact, is the studio. Baskets co-creator/executive producer Jonathan Krisel directs.
Lacretta played a major supporting role in Peter Segal’s romantic comedy Second Act, starring Jennifer Lopez, Leah Remini and Milo Ventimiglia. On television, she played the series-regular role of Bouncy in the ABC drama pilot Salvage from writer-producer Don Todd. Her other credits include a guest-starring role on Fox’s Gotham, the lead role of Levora Verona in Disaster! on Broadway, Gary Coleman in Avenue Q Off-Broadway and Mrs. Lenox in Scotland, PA Off-Broadway. Lacretta is repped by Headline Talent Agency.
Best of Deadline
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon