LAS VEGAS (AP) — No data was stolen or corrupted in a cyber attack this week on the city of Las Vegas computer system, according to the city.
City spokesman David Riggleman said the city does not know who was responsible for the Tuesday morning attack. Information technology staff reacted quickly to the intrusion after receiving an alert at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday and were able to protect data, he said.
Security experts warned last week that Iran might use cyberattacks on U.S. governments and businesses as a means of retaliating for the U.S.' targeted killing of Iran's top general.
When asked if Las Vegas has any indication or suspicion that the cyberattack might be connected to Iran, Riggleman reiterated that the city does not know who was responsible but said the city is looking for potential clues to the culprit.
The city's computer system was functioning normally Wednesday, Riggleman said.