At Least 1 Parent Dead, 10 Pediatric Patients In Hospital With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Doctors at Cook Children’s Hospital are warning people about how they’re heating their homes after at least one parent died, and ten children suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.

Video Transcript

- As far as our-- the pediatric patients, they-- my understanding is that I don't think we had any deaths, but I think in the adult realm there, I believe that there were deaths.

- I believe you are correct, doctor, regarding no pediatric deaths last evening.

- And that's part of the reason of the urgency of this. I don't want any kids to die from this, you know? It's heartbreaking. It is. It really is.