You can leave a review on Depop by going to your "Receipts" menu, which shows all of your recent purchases in the app.
Feedback is important for helping users discern legitimate sellers from questionable or unreliable ones.
Depop encourages its users to leave feedback on each purchase, which the app uses to calculate seller ratings.
Sellers can contest feedback if they believe it's unfair, untrue, or derogatory in nature.
Depop is one of many apps for online thrift shopping. On sites like this, buyer feedback is paramount, because it's the main way other users on the site know if they can rely on a seller to be honest, timely, and easy to communicate with.
Since feedback and ratings on Depop are so important - and because ratings are calculated by collecting reviews over a certain time period, rather than over the history of an entire account - the site makes it easy to leave them after making a purchase.
How to leave a review on Depop
1. Go to your profile by tapping the icon of a person in the bottom-right corner of the app.
2. Tap on the receipts icon at the top of your screen - if you have an item you haven't left feedback for yet, it should have a red notification bubble next to it.
3. Go to the Purchased tab and tap the listing for the item you want to review.
4. Tap the "Leave feedback" button at the bottom of the screen.
5. Give the seller a star rating from one to five, based on your experience with both them and the item you bought. Underneath, leave a comment explaining why you gave them that rating.
6. When you're finished, tap the checkmark in the top-right corner.
How to delete a review on Depop
If you later feel your review was unfair, you can't change it but you can delete it.
1. Return to the Receipts section of your profile and find the item you want to delete the review for.
2. Tap on your feedback.
3. Tap the trashcan icon in the top-right corner of the screen to delete your review.
Conditions of Depop reviews
Before you leave a review, you should note that if the seller believes your review was unfair or left in bad faith, they can contact you to try and work it out.
You should also know that if you can't reach a resolution with the seller and they still believe your feedback was unfair, they can appeal to Depop to have it removed, provided they have enough evidence to prove that it was incorrect or biased.
On its website, Depop says it will not remove feedback above three stars unless it can be categorized as one or more of the following:
Posting feedback as revenge, including messages that are beyond a suitable time limit after the transaction.
Including feedback that's vulgar, abusive, and/or bigoted toward another user.
Feedback that is blatantly false at the time of its writing.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Read the original article on Business Insider