On this week's It List from Yahoo Entertainment, WWE Survivor Series 2020 returns, we celebrate 25 years of GoldenEye, and the best in pop culture for the week of November 16.
- The "It List" is Yahoo's weekly look at the best in pop culture. With the coronavirus pandemic in mind, here are our picks for the week of November 16.
The "WWE Survivor Series" event is back again. But unlike last year's packed arena, you can expect something a little bit different this time-- you know, because of the coronavirus. Throughout the pandemic, the WWE has been airing audience-less SmackDowns which somehow makes it seem even more theatrical and, dare I say, poetic.
The guy literally wears a crown, a cape, a scepter, thinks he's some sort of king.
But, hey, safety first. Survivor Series 2020 is also being billed as the Undertaker's, quote, "final farewell." But if I had to put money on it, I think he'll come back again and again and again.
For some more action, check out "GoldenEye." the modern Bond classic starring Pierce Brosnan as 007, turns 25 this year. Now, for some people, "GoldenEye" might be more famous for its Nintendo 64 video game spinoff, but the movie's a solid watch.
In related Bond pop culture details, Tina Turner performed the "GoldenEye" song, which was written by Bono and the Edge. And the Bond girl was played by Famke Janssen, who played--
- Xenia Sergeyevna Onatopp.
- What a name.
For more family friendly fare, check out the LEGO Star Wars holiday special.
- 'Twas the night before life day in a galaxy far, far away.
- The special Disney Plus release features new fan favorites like Rey, Finn, Poe, and old standbys like Lando, Chewbacca, and Luke Skywalker. Expect light saber duels, but tone-wise, it's probably going to be less of an emotional roller coaster ride than the movies. I mean, it's LEGOs, right?
- So cute.
- Come back next week to check out Yahoo's Hit List.