1.Joe Biden was born closer to the Civil War than today:
2.Speaking of which, America hasn't really been around for very long at all:
3. Neptune looks like it can grant you mystical powers should you ever visit it:
Photo via NASA/ESA/CSA/STS.
4.This is what one of the world's oldest pair of Levi jeans looks like:
5. Tokyo is HUGE:
6. Helmets, my boy, helmets do a whoooole lot:
7. The longest road in the world sure looks exhausting:
To be more specific, as redditor TheRIAA put it, this is "the shortest road in the world between the two furthest-apart land/pedestrian-walkable-bridge connected locations."
8. There's a whole lot of garbage in your local dump you don't see:
9. Picasso just might have listened to the song "Sweet Caroline" when he was alive:
10.Wooly mammoth tusks — well, they were really, really big:
11. North Korean bills get bigger and bigger as they get more valuable:
12.Queen Elizabeth had to endure the world before one of its greatest inventions:
13. Sometimes you can actually see yourself being shocked or shocking someone:
14. This is what an ancient Roman road looked like:
15. Jelly Belly sells its "irregular" jelly beans as "Belly Flops":
They're still beautiful to me.
16. Pink lima beans are a thing that exists:
17.This is Daisuke Inoue, the inventor of one of the world's first karaoke machines:
18.This is how koalas get weighed:
19. Some libraries let you rent things other than books and movies:
20.The Sun isn't even old enough to drink:
21. And, finally, grumpkins exist: