Amazon’s virtual personal assistant Alexa is quickly becoming the top digital assistant in the world, and that’s largely due to Amazon’s decision to open Alexa up to third-party developers and hardware companies. This way companies can focus on their products rather than building a complex voice control engine. After all, why start from scratch when Alexa is already so awesome?
One of the best Alexa integrations we’ve come across is in the Logitech Harmony Companion All in One Remote Control, which lets you control anything and everything in your house with one device. And by adding Alexa, you can control all those gadgets with just your voice. Say things like “Alexa, turn on the TV” or “Alexa, watch Netflix” and watch the magic happen.
Some highlights from the product page:
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app – works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more
- Model: 915-000239 (Control up to 8 Devices). Please refer to the system requirements mentioned in this page.
Looking for a more versatile and capable universal remote solution that also works with Alexa? Check out these two other models from Logitech Harmony:
Trending right now:
- Carrie Fisher in stable condition after heart attack
- 10 movies you need to watch on Netflix this week before they expire
- A man waited 416 days to see what happened when his iPod stopwatch passed 9,999 hours