An East Los Angeles man was detained Friday for “making threats of violence” over President Trump’s apparent election loss, law enforcement sources confirmed to the Daily News.
The suspect appeared headed for a mental health evaluation after “apologizing” to authorities and saying he was intoxicated at the time he recorded a video threatening a mass shooting, one source told The News.
“At this point, like, if Biden gets in, I’m just gonna do like a school shooter just take out all these Democrats and a few pedophiles on the way out,” he allegedly said in an IG video obtained by Beverly Hills Courier reporter Samuel Braslow.
“If I go to hell I’m taking these motherf-----s with me,” he said in the video.
The suspect was previously arrested and cited at the scene of a standoff between Trump supporters and Black Lives Matter protesters in Beverly Hills last August.
Photos and video on his Facebook account showed him wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat and boasting about shopping in a grocery store without a mask.
Braslow posted a photo Friday showing law enforcement outside the suspect’s home.
In a disturbing text message exchange late Thursday, the suspect allegedly threatened to disguise himself at a Friday demonstration and stab someone in the back, Braslow reported.
An LAPD spokesman referred questions to the FBI on Friday.
“The FBI is aware of the reported threats and we’re working with our partners,” bureau spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said Friday.
No charges were filed as of Friday afternoon, officials said.
©2020 New York Daily News
Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.