SHOWS: WINTERLEITEN, AUSTRIA (DECEMBER 19, 2020) (QUATTRO MEDIA - ACCESS ALL)
1. VARIOUS OF AUSTRIAN COMPETITOR, MICHAEL SCHEIKL, AT START LINE
2. VARIOUS OF SCHEIKL DURING RACE
3. VARIOUS OF SCHEIKL CELEBRATING AFTER HE FINISHES RACE AND SEES HIS LEADING TIME OF 2.01.43
4. VARIOUS OF PODIUM
WINTERLEITEN, AUSTRIA (DECEMBER 18, 2020) (QUATTRO MEDIA - ACCESS ALL)
5. VARIOUS OF ITALIAN COMPETITOR, EVELIN LANTHALER, AT START LINE
6. VARIOUS OF LANTHALER DURING RACE
7. VARIOUS OF LANTHALER REACTING TO HER TIME OF 2.03.57
8. VARIOUS OF LANTHALER ON PODIUM
9. ITALIAN DOUBLES OF FLORIAN CLARA AND PATRICK PIGNETER STARTING RACE
10. VARIOUS OF PIGNETER AND CLARA RACING
11. PIGNETER AND CLARA CELEBRATE AT END OF RACE
12. VARIOUS OF PODIUM
STORY: Austrian luge competitor Michael Scheikl claimed a home victory at the FIL Natural Luge Track World Cup event in Winterleiten on Saturday (December 19), and Evelin Lanthaler also won in the women's competition.
Scheikl, who won at the same track last season, rode a time of 2.01.43, just over a second faster than his two Italian rivals Patrick Pigneter and Alex Gruber.
Italy's Evelin Lanthaler started the new World Cup season with a victory, continuing her dominance in the women's competition.
Lanthaler won in 2.03.57 on Friday (December 18), ahead of fellow Italian Greta Pinggera and Austria's Michelle Diepold.
There were further Italian celebrations on Friday (December 18) in the men's doubles when world champions Patrick Pigneter and Florian Clara recorded the best time of 2.10.68 minutes.
Second went to Austria's Christoph Regensburger and Dominik Holzknecht.
(Production: Francis Maguire)