Man convicted of murder in 2021 shooting at Salisbury home
A Salisbury man was convicted this week of second-degree murder charges in April 2021 shooting of a Caroline County man in Salisbury.
Drequan Savage was convicted Sept. 28 in Wicomico Circuit Court after a three-day jury trial, the Wicomico County State’s Attorney’s Office said in a release .
He was also found guilty of first degree assault and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony in the murder of Gerald Nash on April 7, 2021.
RELATED: Police arrest two suspects in Salisbury homicide, while another remains at-large
Judge S. James Sarbanes deferred sentencing pending a pre-sentencing investigation.
An assailant acting at Savage’s direction entered through a rear door of a residence on Hill Street in Salisbury, according to the release. Savage had previously arranged with a second co-conspirator to be notified when the victim arrived at the house, and for the rear door to be left unlocked, it said.
Once inside, the assailant entered a bedroom and shot Nash multiple times while he lay in bed, according to the release. He later died of gunshot wounds at TidalHealth Peninsula Regional.
A second suspect, Leslie Teo, was also arrested at the time and charged with first and second degree murder in connection with Nash’s death.
Teo’s trial on the charges is pending, a Maryland Judiciary Case Search shows.
MORE: Salisbury man convicted in 2021 shooting outside Guido's Burritos
Police at the time had said Teo and Savage were assisted by one more, unknown suspect, according to previous Delmarva Now reporting.
Anyone with additional information regarding the murder of Nash is requested to contact Corporal Kyle Braightmeyer with the Maryland State Police Homicide unit at 443-480-6818 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article originally appeared on Salisbury Daily Times: Man convicted of murder in 2021 shooting at Salisbury home