The victim was found by his sister in her front yard after she heard gunshots, authorities said.
- A manhunt underway after a guy was found shot to death in his sister's front yard. Deputies say that man had been dropped off at his sister's house on Del Monte near Blue Bell, but she didn't know he was actually going to show up. Just after 3:00 AM, that woman told deputies she heard gunshots, went outside, and that's when she found her brother's body.
- So right now we're interviewing witnesses. We're trying to obtain any surveillance video that may be applicable. We're also following up on any leads that may be coming in at this point.
- Right now, police are looking for a black Dodge Charger and Ford Ranger that were seen leaving that area.
- At approximately 2:50 AM this morning, Harris County District 3 patrol deputies were dispatched to an in-progress call, reporting a male being shot in the 100 block of Del Monte Lane, that being in Highlands, Texas. When deputies arrived, they found a 53-year-old Hispanic male lying in the front yard of a home with apparent gunshot injuries. Paramedics were called out. They evaluated the victim and found him deceased at the scene. We spoke to witnesses here. We learned that they reported hearing gunshots, at least two gunshots. When they came outside, they found the victim in the front yard. And they reported seeing a black Dodge Charger and possibly a black Ford Ranger fleeing the scene, the Charger going northbound, the Ranger going southbound.
At this point, what we know is that the-- the victim had been at a bar earlier tonight and left, and apparently dropped off in front of his sister's home here in the 100 block of Del Monte Lane, unannounced. And she had no knowledge that he would be dropped off here. So right now we're interviewing witnesses. We're trying to obtain any surveillance video that may be applicable. We're also following up on any leads that may be coming in at this point. We have no suspect information. All we have is a vague vehicle description, which is a Dodge Charger and the Ford Ranger.
- And the victim does not live here in the area?
- From our understanding, the victim does not live here. His sister lives-- lives in this area, and he had been dropped off here unannounced.
- Anybody at the bar that he was at prior to this mention anything about a fight or anything?
- We're following up on that right now, in terms of who he was with at the bar and-- and talking to, and who he left with.
- Can you talk about the bar? Was it here in the Highlands area?
- At this point, we're still trying to figure that all out.