A man was killed in an electrical accident that started a fire at an apartment building on Thursday morning in Taunton, officials said.
According to fire officials, the man was removing an antenna from the three-story Danforth Street building just before 7:30 a.m., when the antenna made contact with a nearby power line, electrocuting the man and igniting the exterior of the building on fire.
Firefighters arrived soon after and were able to quickly extinguish the flames.
No other injuries were reported.
The victim’s name is not being released pending the notification of the family.
The incident remains under investigation by the Taunton Fire Department, Taunton Police Department, and State Police.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.
Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.