The driver lost control while traveling on Antoine Drive near Veterans Memorial, crashed into two fences and a light pole before hitting the tree.
- Lieutenant Paul Bruce with the Harris County Sheriff's Office, District 1 North patrol was dispatched to Antoine and Veterans Memorial Drive in reference to an auto major accident. Our units arrived, along with EMS. And one middle-aged male was confirmed deceased at the scene. And our Vehicle Crimes Division is out here investigating the accident
- It looks like he left the roadway on Antoine and struck a pole and went into a fence, is that--
- Yes, sir. The vehicle was traveling eastbound on Antoine, left the roadway, striking two fences, a light pole, and a tree.
- Any intox-- you believe any intox on the driver at all?
- It's too early to tell. The ME's office will be contacted, and they'll do blood work on that.