A Marine went missing in Arizona. He was found five days later at a rest stop in Texas

Perry Vandell, Arizona Republic

PHOENIX – A missing U.S. marine from Arizona was found safe in Texas late Saturday evening.

Lance Cpl. Job Wallace, 20, was contacted by members of the Naval Criminal Investigative Service in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, where he was taken into custody and transported back to Camp Pendleton in Southern California where he is stationed.

Kurt Thomas, the special agent in charge at the NCIS West Field Office, didn't elaborate on what caused Wallace's disappearance.  

"Lance Cpl. Wallace was taken into custody without incident by NCIS and local law enforcement tonight at a rest area in Navarro County, Texas," Thomas said in a written statement released to The Arizona Republic. "We offer our sincere gratitude to the local police departments in Texas and Arizona, as well as our federal partners, for their aid in bringing this to a safe resolution."

'WE FOUND HIM!': Missing man, 25, found after surviving five days off berries and bugs

Wallace's parents, Stacy and Justin, released a statement expressing their gratitude for the friends and law enforcement agencies that worked to find their son.

"Our focus throughout the past five days since Job was reported missing was to do whatever it took to find our son, and we are profoundly relieved he is safe," they said. "Our children are everything to us."

Wallace was reported missing after leaving a friend's home in Surprise between 8:30 and 9 p.m. Sept. 16. A Border Patrol camera captured his truck traveling eastbound on Interstate 10 near Fort Hancock, Texas, southeast of El Paso.

About an hour south of Dallas, Navarro County is more than 1,100 miles east of Surprise and in the opposite direction from Camp Pendleton in Southern California.

She was missing for almost 5 days: Then her grandson found her alive, face down in a creek

Contributing: The Associated Press

Follow Perry Vandell on Twitter @PerryVandell.

This article originally appeared on Arizona Republic: US Marine who went missing five days ago found alive near Dallas