Even though Ant-Man was a mostly forgettable movie this year (it wasn't terrible but, like, yawn), Marvel Studios just announced a sequel is slated for a July 6, 2018 release. Instead of just focusing on Paul Rudd's character Scott Lang (a hot dad of our time!), this time they're highlighting another buggy hero. The sequel is titled Ant-Man and the Wasp, the latter of course referring to Evangeline Lilly's character Hope Van Dyne (if you stayed 'til the very end of the credits, you may have caught a glimpse of her WASP SUIT, so this is not really a huge surprise). This is exciting because 1) it's the first time a female hero's name has made it into a Marvel film title and 2) wasps are way more badass than ants.
Another female-fronted Marvel movie (Captain Marvel, which we SO dearly hope will star Ronda Rousey) is on the horizon, but we'll have to wait for that one even longer: March 8, 2019. Meanwhile, Black Panther is now being pushed up for a Feb. 16, 2018.
More from Complex
- Meet Roy Nachum, the Artist Behind Rihanna's Dope 'Anti' Album Cover
- Matthew Stafford’s Wife Takes a Shot at NFL Referees on Instagram
- Premiere: Webster X and Allan Kingdom Link on "Kinfolk"
- Facebook Hopes These New "Reactions" Will Make You Finally Shut Up About a Dislike Button
- 16 DJs That Can Actually Scratch