- Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg made a splash Tuesday night despite the fact that he wasn't one of the six candidates on stage at the seventh Democratic primary debate in Iowa.
- While the candidates duked it out over issues like healthcare, foreign policy, and prescription drug costs, the Bloomberg campaign went a different route and blew up the Twittersphere.
- Bloomberg's official Twitter account fired off dozens of tweets about meatballs, how many batteries he could stuff into his mouth, which Secret Service codename he should pick, the best part of the body to get a Bloomberg 2020 tattoo, which wild animal to let loose onto the debate stage, and more.
- Scroll down to read a sampling of the tweets.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg wasn't on stage at the seventh Democratic presidential debate in Iowa on Tuesday.
But that doesn't mean he didn't make a splash.
Bloomberg's campaign, which kicked off in November, was quite active on Twitter. While the six candidates on stage in Iowa duked it out over issues like healthcare, foreign policy, and prescription drug costs, the Bloomberg campaign went a different route.
Here's a sampling of tweets from the campaign's official account during the debate:
Let's not forget the fun facts about food.
And the polls.
The campaign's tweets drew mixed responses from the rest of the Twitterverse.
Some wondered if it had been hacked.
—Joan Walsh (@joanwalsh) January 15, 2020
—Adam Derengowski (@AdamDerWSBT) January 15, 2020
—Jeremy (@DSky3) January 15, 2020
—Sean Moran (@theNeuroPharm) January 15, 2020
Others just enjoyed the ride.
—Jeet Heer (@HeerJeet) January 15, 2020
—Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) January 15, 2020
In the end, The Washington Post confirmed Bloomberg's account had not been hacked after all.
—Joseph Marks (@Joseph_Marks_) January 15, 2020
Read the original article on Business Insider